Monday, May 18

I need to guard my heart, so the devil can't pull me further from God.. Spiritual complacency is the word.. God keep reminding me of this word after camp... So like i really wanna grow exponentially with God.. I hate stagnancy.. that feeling is not good at all.. ya... [Proverbs 4:23] - “Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.” A part of the day 2 devotions keep shouting to me.. God really wants to remind me so that no matter what the devil is trying to do to me, to prevent me from going closer to God or doing more for God will not affect my r/s with God.. Day 2 devotions - Wrestling is an intense sport and requires every part of our body. It is impossible to remain aloof and unentangled from the opponent. The opponent will seize every opportunity to regain his advantage. No, in order to win the wrestling match, one must involve his whole body in combat, and be constantly pushing oneself to be better than his opponent. Jacob was engaged fully with God in wrestling and did not give up until he got what he wanted from the Lord. (It's not possible to get rid of Devil's grip.. because he longs to tear you down.. he just know when is the best time to attack you, so never ever give up, persevere till the end.. and of course go through it with God la.. Things will be much easier, and more tolerable.. Because He will help you, guide you and be there for you all the way..) It is easy sometimes for the Christian to fall into complacency, into a lull, when he fails to realise that achieving victory as a Christian is like being in a wrestling match. When one becomes complacent, he lets his guard down and the enemy or opponent can quickly seize the chance to gain an advantage in our lives. The victory we had achieved moments earlier could turn out to be shortlived if we do not keep up the struggle. As we deal with an opponent (the devil and our own sinful nature) that never sleeps nor tires, we can only achieve victory in Christ by constantly being on guard, and constantly struggling to defeat our opponent, with God’s strength. (Last time i always wonder why after a spiritual victory then i will experience dryness.. Now i know it's because of complacency.. Now, after camp, i have grown spiritually, i really wanna guard well and fight well with God and for God.. I no longer want spiritual victory to be short lived.. God, help me to fight the battle well, help me to keep up and even grow much closer to you.. i am afraid i can't keep up with the struggle, so help me and give me the strength and determination..) Finally achieving victory is also likened to running and finishing a race. However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. - Acts 20:24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize. - 1 Cor 9:24-27 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. - Phi 3:13-14 (God, keep reminding me of the goal.. Because when i have the goal in mind, no matter what obstacles/difficulties i may face, i can go through them powerfully.. i wanna beat my body and make it slave for you! Press on, for i wanna grow deeper into you.. Help me keep up with all struggles..) those who want the link to the devotions, here it is: http://reflectionsofadisciple.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment