Tuesday, May 19

From Daphne's blog.. This post serves as a reminder for me as well.. Sometimes i tell myself, i have overcome it, i have grown.. But the next moment, i fell.. So like not only should i guard my heart well, i should also evaluate it and be humble.. This is an excerpt of Rick Warren’s teaching, How to Maintain Moral Integrity in the Ministry: Never consider yourself above temptation. Don’t kid yourself. People say, “It couldn’t happen to me.” That’s a bunch of baloney. We need to be aware how vulnerable all of us are. The first defense is an attitude of humility that says, “I’m a human being.” We need to watch out. 1 Corinthians 10:12 (LB) says, “So be careful if you are thinking, ‘Oh, I’d never behave like that.’ Let this be a warning to you, for you too may fall into sin.” None of us are invulnerable. None of us are immune. Proverbs 16:18 (NIV) says, “Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall.” The morning I say, “I’ve conquered that problem,” that’s the morning I’m open for temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment